In the middle of this year, the leadership team at ISCT made a commitment to engage in a process of transformation and diversity that would see our school being a place where each individual would feel a deep sense for belonging. Our desire is to be a place where everyone feels at home.
We are keenly aware of the privilege that schools have of not only equipping students to be agents of change, but also of being institutional agents of change. We want to be an active participant in the ongoing story of transformation so that we can positively impact not only South Africa, but our world.
With this in mind, we have started an extended process to better understand the culture within our school. As we listen to the experiences of individuals and groups within our community, we will respond by looking at ways in which we can adapt to reach our goal of being a place where everyone can thrive.Kascha Reed, Deputy Principal
- To actively work towards creating a space where everyone feels respected and celebrated.
- To develop a Transformation and Diversity policy and review all school policies through the lense of transformation.
- To create a Transformation and Diversity task team.
- To develop a Transformation and Diversity plan based on the input from all stakeholders in our school community which focuses on addressing key concerns within our school.
- To allocate resources and measure and evaluate our progress in achieving this plan.
October Focus: Student survey – sent out the week of October 5th. Closing Date October 12th.
The survey analysed by the Student Leadership Forum and the results shared with students and staff on Friday, October 16th.
Link for parents included in the weekly newsletter.
Staff survey – sent out the week of October 12th. Closing date October 19th.
Parent survey – sent out the week of October 19th Closing date October 26th.
Alumni survey – sent out the week of October 26th. Closing date November 2nd. If you are a member of our alumni, please email the school Deputy Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that we have your current email address.
Anti-ism Workshop for staff on October 29th – workshop info found here: https://www.isasa.org/why-are-people-so-upset-anti-ism-online-workshop/