ATTENDING SCHOOL IN 2021
- Please don’t send your child to school if unwell.
- All children at school every day – no alternating days.
- Lessons will take place face-to-face with as few venue changes as possible.
- Children to wear a cloth face mask – name labeled; snug fit; easy to adjust/tie; bring spares in labeled ziplock bag
- Online option only available for health reasons. Please request permission by contacting your class teacher and Key Stage Head.
- Online option only available for COVID-related health reasons (such as quarantine). Please make your request by contacting your class teacher and Key Stage Head. Online learning cannot be made available for same-day requests as there is preparation involved from all subject teachers. We will try to provide some/all online lessons with video from the second day of quarantine.
- Online learning cannot be made available for same-day requests as there is preparation involved from all subject teachers but we will try to provide some/all online lessons with video from the second day of quarantine.
KS2 students must have:
- Cloth face mask ( + spares)
- Own hand sanitiser for break times
- Stationery in wipeable container
Morning drop off and health check – 7:15 – 7:40
- Registration 7:45
Afternoon Pick-Up (staggered):
Monday to Thursday:
- Year 3 & 4 – 14:10
- Year 5 & 6 – 14:20
- Year 3 – 13:15
- Year 4 – 13:20
- Year 5 – 13:30
- Year 6 – 13:40
Please don’t block the driveway system waiting for a later sibling: Park in the upper parking area (‘dustbowl’).
All children will be taught at school each day.
Classroom furniture has been rearranged to ensure a safe distance between children, with screens to separate children facing each other at a shared table.
Children must continue to bring their mini whiteboard, own reading book, and other quiet activities to school as we will avoid using classroom games during rainy break times. These may be stored in lockers where relevant.
The teachers will use a combination of digital/electronic and physical resources based on the nature of the lesson. Some work will continue to be shared via Google Classroom. Many resources will still require iPads and headphones. Please ensure your child has their headphones and padlock for iPad locker. Padlock for Year 4-6.
Stationery may not be borrowed or shared, and should be stored in a labelled plastic container that can be easily wiped.
If your family needs to quarantine, we will make video lessons & online learning available wherever possible. If you will have load shedding please contact the class teacher before the day’s lessons start to arrange for recordings to be made of lessons. Live video sessions will be run using the Google Meet app. Your child must sign in using their school account.
Children working at home must have a quiet space and be ready to work. Mics must be muted unless the teacher requests otherwise.
Please be patient if the class teacher adapts the timetable to best suit the needs of the children physically present in the classroom.
- Camera on unless your teacher says you can turn it off
- Microphone muted unless your teacher asks for answers or discussions in breakout rooms
- Use the ‘raise hand’ icon if you have a question
- Typing comments in the chat should follow your teacher’s guidelines. No spam or social chats during lesson time.
- Teachers will allocate screen breaks during the course of the day.
Children must bring in own packed lunch and water bottles. Adults on duty will help to control physical distancing, along with markings and signage to remind children of rules.We do not line up at the end of break but rather use specific entrances in a one-way system to avoid queues.
The iCafe (tuckshop) is open for pre-orders only. There will be no queueing at the tuckshop for purchases. Children will collect their pre-orders from the KS2 area, supervised by a staff member.
Extra-Curricular Activities – Term 3
We hope that by mid-July when Term 3 starts we will be able to run the ‘normal’ ECA activities as we are planning. However this is dependent on government guidelines, particularly around the third wave that we have been anticipating this term. It may be necessary to continue with our current timings of extended days (class enrichment activities) into Term 3.
Sign-up is optional, and on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Sign-up for Term 3 2021 has taken place using this Google Form and will reflect in the Parent Portal:
Web version – ECA
Edana app – Activities
Please contact Mrs Neethling (KS2head@isct.co.za) with requests or questions.
- Activities will have limited numbers as we need to have space in indoor venues for all activities in the event of wet weather.
- Due to limited numbers, we will try to place each child in their first choice activity. If this isn’t possible, we will allocate your child to their second choice activity.
- You will be able to see your child’s activity allocation in the Parent Portal (web or app) by the end of June.
PRIVATE ECA’s – Registration and payments are made directly with private providers.
Please wait for confirmation of activities before making any payments.
As mentioned previously, in order to offer sign-up to optional activities, our end of day timings will have to change yet again.
In order to have staff and venues available for the activities we will have to adjust our finish times for Term 3:
Y3 & 4-2:10
Y5 & 6-2:20
Wherever possible, we will do our best to try to help with sibling ending times and Music lessons. Please communicate with your class teacher.
- 14:15-15:15 Homework Club
- 15:15-16:30 Outdoor play / Indoor classroom venue in wet weather (look out for posters at KS2 entrances to confirm venue)
Fridays – no Homework Club. Supervised play from end of school day.
Pre-booking is essential for any Aftercare supervision (including waiting for High School siblings). KS2 children are not allowed to wait unsupervised – they must be booked into Aftercare. First come, first served. The number of spaces in Aftercare has been increased for Term 3.
Book your child’s spot in Aftercare via the ECA tab in the Parent Portal. If possible, please book all your dates for the month/term in advance. If booking on the day, please sign up before 12:00 noon.
To cancel an Aftercare booking, please contact Ms Funani at reception (ReceptionWH@isct.co.za) .
Aftercare charges will be billed to your school fees account monthly, and there will be a late fee for pickups after 16:30.
How to book
You will need to log onto EdAdmin through the parent portal.
Click here for parent portal link. Please note: You cannot book a spot via the EDANA app. Click on the ECA tab and follow the directions. You will need to sign up for each day that you would like your child to attend aftercare. If you are unable to sign up it means that aftercare is full on that day.